HOTEL DU PONT takes great pride in providing for the well-being of our guests. Our holistic approach is intended to give you peace of mind that whatever the reason for your stay here, you can be confident that we are maintaining the highest standards of sanitation and hygiene. In response to COVID-19, we have implemented additional protocols complying with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our regimen even more rigorous:
For further information on state and local guidelines and restrictions in response to COVID-19, please visit: coronavirus.delaware.gov
YOUR SAFETY - OUR PRIORITY
Personal Protective Equipment In Practice
- All staff are at a minimum following local and federal regulation as it relates to wearing personal protective equipment and ask that guests do the same.
- All associates will wear a mask when working in the hotel. Additionally, associates in our meeting and events space will wear gloves when preparing or serving food.
- All staff are trained on how to appropriately wear and use PPE.
- PPE is available for guests.
Cleanliness & Hygiene Practices
- All staff are trained on CDC guidelines regarding personal hygiene and personal safety during COVID-19, including, but not limited to, proper hand washing and proper hand sanitizing.
- Associate temperature and health checks are completed daily when arriving at work. Any associates displaying a fever are instructed to return home.
- Cleaning programs are place through Ecolab that meets EPA guidelines for disinfectant and sanitation standards.
- Improved HVAC filtration to the highest level achievable utilizing HEPA filters and have outdoor air ventilation has been increased.
- CDC approved disinfectant spray is used to clean all of our guest rooms and our housekeeping supervisors will do an additional disinfection of high touch areas before releasing the room for guest occupancy.
- Sanitizer stations will be available for guest use throughout the public spaces of the property and in the back of house areas for associate use.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and continue to use industrial-grade disinfectant.
- Safety shields have been installed at the Front Desk for your protection as well as our associates. Each check-in station is sanitized in between servicing arriving guests.
- Automatic water filling stations have been installed on each floor for your convenience.
- All points of customer service in the food & beverage outlets, guest rooms and front desk have been modified to ensure the least amount of physical contact possible. Contactless service protocols have been put in place for room deliveries and maintenance.
- We are adjusting service, furniture, and paths of traffic to allow for social distancing. That includes limiting the capacity in elevators and all public areas that are open for guest use.
- We are noting all changes to service, social distancing requirements, and other new protocols with signage throughout the property.
- At this time, the Car Service, Gift Shop and Business Center services have been temporarily suspended
- Le Cavalier at the Green Room is open for Dinner service Wednesday through Thursday from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Friday through Saturday from 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM and brunch service Sunday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Bar Menu is served Wednesday through Thursday from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM and Friday through Saturday from 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Breakfast items are available for room delivery from Spark*d daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am. We encourage placing your order the night before.
- DE.CO food hall has reopened and offers online ordering as well as dine-in options.
- Housekeeping services will be offered by request only. Should you wish to have your room cleaned during your stay, please let the Front Desk know once you arrive.
- The Fitness Center will remain closed until further notice. Please see the Front Desk for running and biking trails in the area!
Please contact the Front Desk to request any additional amenities you may need, and we will deliver, wrapped, to your door.
Your Check-In Experience
- Valet Parking will still be offered at the entrance to the hotel. Should you wish to self-park, there are multiple garages located within a block of the HOTEL DU PONT that charge a daily rate.
- SP+ Parking Garage (253 W. 11th Street, Wilmington, Delaware)
- Community Service Parking (111 W. 11th Street Wilmington, Delaware)
- Should you wish to activate our mobile-key service, please download our mobile key app and let the front desk know you wish to activate at check-in.
Our team is aware and empathetic to your concerns; and our commitment to these matters is what we believe will differentiate us. If you have any questions about our additional preparedness protocols, please contact us at (302) 594-3100.
The entire team at HOTEL DU PONT wishes you safe travels and looks forward to welcoming you soon.